Click to visit Corporate Executive Women International Click for a Membership Flyer
EWI has put together an outstanding series of webinars featuring some great presenters who are excited to help you become better at what you do and how you do it. From subjects ranging from Goal Setting and Achievement to Communication and Emotional Intelligence, these webinars are a must see. As a member of EWI you can participate in all of these exciting webinars.
The first Tuesday of each month!
- 2 pm CST click here for current details
EWI is proud to have entered into arrangements with two very well-known online learning organizations to offer discounts to EWI members, Dale Carnegie Training and Lorman Education Services. The addition of online learning provides opportunities for our members and employees of member firms to enhance their careers through professional development, leadership and self-improvement training as well as obtaining continuing education credits.
Dale Carnegie Training emphasizes practical principles and processes by designing programs that offer people the knowledge, skills and practices they need to add value to the business. Connecting proven solutions with real-world challenges, Dale Carnegie Training is recognized internationally as the leader in bringing out the best in people. Dale Carnegie Training provides a robust online learning experience. Every program is delivered by a live instructor. Every participant actively contributes to the experience. Nobody does it like Dale Carnegie. EWI members and employees of EWI member firms enjoy a 10% discount.
- 1,2, and 3-hour LIVE Online Workshops
- Convenient, flexible sessions to fit your calendar
- Collaborate with others in the class
- Personalized real-time coaching
- Over 50 Leadership Development, Personal Effectiveness, Sales, Customer Service, and Communication Skills courses
Lorman Education Services has operated nearly 30 years educating over 1.4 million professionals and knows that continuing education does not always happen Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. We understand your need for concise, accurate and timely information that impacts your business and clients. Lorman Education Services accommodates your needs by offering live webinars and ondemand products on regulations, laws and business changes. EWI members and employees of EWI Member Firms enjoy a 40% discount.
- Live webinars, OnDemand webinars, and Bookstore
- Continuing Education (CE), and Professional Development Units (PDU) and Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) credits
- Industry specific courses
- Online learning opportunities available in more than 25 fields
Academy of Leadership:
For thousands upon thousands of years the questions remain…
- Is a leader born or made?
- Is an individual a natural leader or can you teach someone to lead?
Many individuals and institutes of higher learning are firm in the belief that leadership is an inborn trait and cannot be taught as a field of study. The Academy of Leadership differs in its support of the philosophy that leadership can and must be taught. Not only does Executive Women International provide a forum for leadership development through the Academy, the current curriculum is driven by the understanding that behavior is the foundation of all successful leadership.
Authors with published works on social intelligence, site the fact that skills can get a professional only so far and behavior is the corner stone of creating and solidifying the effectiveness of a leader. The Academy supports this approach with the use of behavioral assessments in all of its modules and a faculty that has a long history of teaching and coaching successful leaders.
Many traditional leadership programs steer participants toward organizational strategies and avoid the task of behavioral development. The Academy finds its strength and style in its focus on behaviors. Academy participants are introduced to the history and philosophy of leadership, taught to influence and motivate others within the context of leadership, and are encouraged to become centers of influence in their firms and chapters.
Academy of Leadership Philosophy:
This is the foundation for the entire Academy of Leadership program, including all speakers, activities, and information presented at each course.
- Leadership can and must be taught.
- Everyone has the capacity to lead.
- There are stellar examples of leadership within EWI.
Academy of Leadership Courses and Enrollment:
- Academy of Leadership courses are offered at Spring Conference and Leadership Conference & Annual Meeting.
- Registration for courses is often available in conjunction with conference registration.
The completion of any four Academy of Leadership courses is a prerequisite to join the Academy of Leadership Alumni. Alumni are eligible to attend special leadership events.